I am a recent grad student and a brand new New Yorker. I was lucky enough to get a great job right out of college and the perks are great. But even better is my new apartment at Gotham West, which by the way, I got without a broker fee. Sweet! The rent is also pretty reasonable considering the quality of living and services. Here are the things I love about my new place:
- My studio apartment is quite spacious. The truth is, my studio unit is actually one of the smallest in the building, but I have a walk-in closet! I also have in-home washer and dryer, which believe it or not is standard for every apartment in the building. I have my desk in the living area, and my sofa doubles as a bed. The kitchen has lots of space, which is great because I love to cook.
- I’ve gotten to know my neighbors. Gotham West has a wide variety of common spaces where I can socialize and attempt to change my “bachelor” status. The second floor terrace and the Sky Terrace on the rooftop are my favorites. With over 500 apartments in the building, I get to meet a lot of different people, which is great for a newcomer.
- There’s a great health club. Keeping fit in NYC can be a challenge, especially when you work 10 hours a day. But Gotham West has a gym with state-of-the-art equipment for cardio and weight training. There are also spinning and yoga classes, which I haven’t tried yet.
- Hudson River Park is just a few steps away. I spend a lot of time working on my tan at the river the last few weeks. You’d think I’ve been on vacation!
- The neighborhood has great restaurants and bars. This is Hell’s Kitchen, after all. But if you don’t feel like venturing out, the Gotham West Market downstairs offers the best of the best. Blue Bottle has awesome coffee and the ramen noodles at the Ivan Ramen Slurp Shop are truly addictive.
Yep, I can live here all right. But that’s probably the understatement of the year!